Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we're a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. In September 2014, one of our sites, ThemeForest, was the 90th most visited website in the world and it is currently the most visited Australian-owned website on the planet! We have over 250 staff globally, and have paid out more than $300 million to our community of creative sellers. Recently, JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and we were named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015 BRW Awards.
On Envato Market thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. On our education platform, Tuts+, over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace called Envato Studio.
We value people who can roll up their sleeves and get things done while keeping the big goals in sight. As a Development Operations Engineer you’ll be working in a hands on capacity as part of the delivery team to make sure our software and infrastructure work as a single, seamless system.
What you’ll be doing
- In a partnership with the Web Infrastructure Architect and the development team, ensure the creation, configuration and maintenance of our infrastructure is automated and managed in a repeatable way with modern tooling such as Puppet or Chef
- Working closely with the entire delivery team to ensure we’re building systems that solve our customers needs
- Help build and manage the monitoring of our live systems focusing on stability, performance and business effectiveness
- Diagnose and fix performance issues on the marketplace no matter which part of the stack they appear in
- Communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical members of the Marketplace team about proposed changes, their impact, how and when these changes may be delivered.
What we’re looking for
- You will have built and managed large scale, web facing systems serving millions of pageviews a month while still supporting many deploys a day. You understand that configuring and managing this scale of infrastructure requires a fully-automated infrastructure provisioning toolset. You need to have a broad knowledge of system administration, networking, databases, security, storage and performance and have a deep technical expertise in at least one of these disciplines.
- You align with the goals of the DevOps movement in improving collaboration between the development and operations disciplines.
- Be a nice person
- Have an advanced level of unix operating systems management knowledge
- Has used tools and frameworks for automating infrastructure in a previous role
- Have managed public and private cloud-hosted infrastructure
- Know how to manage and maintain relational database management systems
- Know how to select or build monitoring and logging tools
- Have implemented infrastructure to support a public facing web site handling millions of pageviews per month.
- Have proven experience scaling other high volume/scale web apps
- Communicate well in person and in writing
- Be a curious person committed to continual learning
- Be a natural coach who is able to develop your teammates to reach their potential
- Be on values with Envato’s passionate and supportive culture
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience designing a system to be robust in a disaster situation
- The ability to provide security and risk assessment and actions for a large e-Commerce site
- Has participated in a culture of shared responsibility between software developers and infrastructure specialists.
- Contribute to Open Source projects
- Past experience in other agile environments
- Network architecture
- Experience with AWS and Rackspace
How to apply
Send your resume at http://www.envato.com/